- Fulfill Eligibility Criteria. All PMI certifications require you to meet domain experience levels, educational levels or both before you apply. You will need to provide us with the details of this experience and/or education, so it’s best to gather and prepare this information before you open the application.
- Complete Application. Once you’ve determined you meet the eligibility criteria, it’s time to apply. Collect the following information and then use our online certification system to guide you through the process.
- Application Review. Once we receive your application, we’ll verify that you meet the eligibility criteria and that your experience and/or education is valid and consistent with the guidelines stated in the certification handbook.
- After we notify you that your application is approved, it’s time to provide payment so you can move to the final stage. The fastest and easiest way to pay is through our online certification system.
- Schedule Exam Appointment. Once you are eligible, PMI will e-mail you exam scheduling instructions with your eligibility code, which you will need when scheduling your exam appointment.
For more details, visit: www.pmi.org/certifications/process